Understanding psychotherapy insurance coverage with Canada Life
Most extended health care benefit plans with Canada Life cover some form of psychotherapy. The type of psychotherapy covered and the maximum number of sessions per year may vary depending on the individual plan. However, coverage for psychotherapy is becoming increasingly common as the mental health benefits of treatment are better understood. Psychotherapy can be an effective treatment for a variety of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder. It can also help to improve coping skills and promote emotional well-being. If you are considering seeking psychotherapy, check with your extended health care provider to see if your plan provides coverage.
How long after I submit my psychotherapy claim will Canada Life reimburse me?
Canada Life strives to provide timely reimbursement for psychotherapy expenses. The length of time it takes to process a claim varies depending on a number of factors, such as the type of expense and the date it was incurred. In most cases, Canada Life will issue a decision within 2-5 days of receiving a complete and accurate claim form. You can submit your Canada Life psychotherapy claim online and receive a reimbursement through direct deposit directly into your bank account.
If you have any questions about the status of your claim, you can contact Canada Life Customer Service for assistance. By working with your insurance provider, you can ensure you receive the reimbursement you are entitled to in a timely and efficient manner so that you can continue to focus on your treatment plan.
What is Canada Life GroupNet?
GroupNet is a free, easy-to use platform that provides you access to your group benefits plan and the ability to submit psychotherapy claims with no hassle. You can view a summary of coverages, check remaining balances and view claim submissions.
How do I submit my psychotherapy claim to Canada Life?
With Canada Life’s GroupNet portal, you’ll be able to submit claims electronically, monitor your psychotherapy coverage balances, and set up direct deposit for claim payments. To submit Purposeful Change psychotherapy fees to Canada Life’s GroupNet portal, you’ll need to visit the login page for GroupNet plan members or download the GroupNet app.
Submit your claim online
- The GroupNet login page will guide you through the process of establishing an account. Enter your email address and password, then click “Sign In”. If you have not yet registered, you’ll need to register. Be sure to keep your plan number and member ID handy as the registration process will ask you for this information.
- Once you’ve signed in, select the “Make a Claim” button and “Start online claim”.
- At the top of the page, click the benefit that best represents your claim. For psychotherapy, you’ll most likely select “Health”. It is also possible Canada Life Healthcare Spending Accounts (HCSA) or Wellness and Lifestyle expense accounts can help you cover psychotherapy expenses.
- Next you’ll select who the claim is for. You can select Member, Spouse/Partner or Child.
- Select a claim category, then choose an option to continue. We’ve found with Canada Life GroupNet portal, psychotherapists are listed under “Health” > “Other practitioners”. Choose “Psychotherapist”.
- Choose an existing provider, or add a new provider. Input the information for the Registered Psychotherapist you are working with. Please refer to your Purposeful Change invoice for this information including your therapists registration number (if required).
- Enter all the details of your expense. You will need to provide information such as service type and amount. If you need to claim another expense under the same benefit type, you can click “Add another expense”. Once you’ve finished, click “Continue”.
- You will attach your receipt and supporting documents. Check your email or your online booking account for an invoice from Purposeful Change for your psychotherapy session.
- You should take the time to review all your psychotherapy claim information and make sure it’s correct. Once satisfied, click “Submit Claim”. To check the status of your claim, click on “Claim History” in the top left corner.
Canada Life provides a variety of health and wellness benefits to its policyholders including coverage for mental health support. In the past couple of years, Canada Life has built a system to support psychotherapy services and claims.
Schedule a free consultation if you have Canada Life psychotherapy coverage
We are committed to helping our clients reach their full potential and lead happier, healthier lives. Book a free consultation with one of our psychotherapists to see if our approach is right for you.